drfone app drfone app ios

3 Ways to Recover Deleted Messages on iPhone 8

Selena Lee
d

Apr 28, 2022 • Filed to: Tips for Different iOS Versions & Models • Proven solutions

"Hi guys, I am in a very tricky situation, and I don’t know how to get out of it. I recently deleted my messages without knowing. As we speak, I don’t have some of the messages that my boss sent to me regarding the arrangement of our new office. Furthermore, I had some very special messages that I had received from my girlfriend, and I had saved them for memory purposes. I am so stressed and confused. Can anyone please help me out? Does anyone knows how to recover deleted messages from iPhone 8? Or is there a way on how to recover deleted messages on iPhone 8?"

I have had the chance to come across a good number of people going through the same problem. However, you shouldn't be worried again because you have come to the right place where you will get the best information on how to recover deleted messages on iPhone 8. I am going to show you how to recover deleted messages on iPhone 8 by using Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (iOS) . Unlike other programs, Dr.Fone does not harm your iPhone, and neither does it save your information without your consent in any manner whatsoever.

Dr.Fone da Wondershare

Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (iOS)

The world's 1st iPhone and iPad data recovery software:

• Highest recovery rate in the industry.
  • Free to view your recovered data from your iPhone 8.
  • Extract and preview all content in iCloud/iTunes backup files for free.
  • Scan iOS devices to recover calls, photos, video, contacts, messages, notes, etc.
  • Selectively restore or export what you want from iCloud/iTunes backup to our device or computer.
  • Compatible with latest iPhone models, iPhone X/8 included.
  • Winning millions of loyal customers for more than 15 years.
Available on: Windows Mac
3981454 people have downloaded it

Part 1: How to Recover Deleted Messages On iPhone 8

If you happen to delete your messages accidentally, or if you forgot to perform a backup on time, and now you are missing some of your messages, the following is simplified method on how recover messages from iPhone 8 using Dr.Fone iPhone Data Recovery program.

Step 1: Prepare for iPhone 8 Message Recovery

In order to recover deleted messages on iPhone 8, the first thing that you ought to do is to download and install the program on your PC. Once you have done this, launch the program on your PC, and you will be in a position to see the interface listed below.

How to Recover Deleted Messages On iPhone 8

Step 2: Connect Your iPhone 8 to Your PC

Connect your iPhone 8 to your PC using the USB cable that came with the iPhone. Give the program and the PC some few minutes before your iDevice can be detected. Once Dr.Fone has identified your iPhone, and its storage, click on the "Recover" option and a list of all your data will be listed as shown below.

Recover Deleted Messages On iPhone 8

Step 3: Scan Device Deleted Messages from iPhone 8

Since we are interested in recovering our messages, we are going to check the box next to the "Messages and Attachments" option and click on the “Start Scan” option. The program will automatically start to scan your iPhone 8 for all the deleted or missing messages. As your iPhone is been scanned, you will be able to see the scanning progress as well as the list of the received messages as shown below.

start to Recover Deleted Messages On iPhone 8

TIP: Please note that the screenshot listed above is an image recovery screenshot. You should be in a position to see a similar image but with your messages.

Step 4: Preview and Recover Deleted Messages on Your iPhone 8

Once you are satisfied that you have the right information with you, click on the "Restore to Device" option at the bottom of your screen. If you want to recover your messages to your PC, click on the "Recover to Computer" option. The recovery process will take some few minutes depending on the size of the files selected. Once the recovery process is over, confirm whether your messages have been recovered to chosen device. That's how simple it is to retrieve deleted messages from iPhone 8.

How to Recover Messages On iPhone 8

Part 2: How to Recover Deleted Messages from iPhone 8 via iTunes backup

If you had an iTunes backup and you can’t access it due to various reasons, you can employ Dr.Fone to recover messages from iPhone 8. However, with this method, you have to employ iTunes. This is how it is done.

Step 1: Select Recover From iTunes Option

Since we have our program installed and ready for use, our first step will be to choose the "Recover from iTunes Backup" File option on our interface. You must first click on the "Recover" option and select the "iTunes" option. The moment you have opened the iTunes option, you will see the name and model of your device. Select it by clicking on it and finally click on the Start Scan option as shown below.

How to Recover iphone 8 Messages

Step 2: Recover Messages from iPhone 8 via iTunes Backup

The program will scan your iTunes account and list all the data present for recovery. Since we are interested in the messages, we will select the "messages" icon on our left-hand side as shown below.

Recover Messages On iPhone 8

Step 3: Restore Messages to your iPhone 8

Our next step will be to restore our messages to their previous position. To do this, we are going to click on the "Restore to Device" option. If you want to restore your messages to your PC, click on the "Recover to Computer" option. Just give Dr.Fone some few minutes to recover your data. All the information in your iTunes backup will be saved to your PC or iPhone 8 depending on the file storage selected. There you have it. That's how simple it is to retrieve messages on iPhone 8.

Part 3: How to Recover Deleted Messages from iPhone 8 via iCloud Backup

Step 1: Select iCloud Backup

To recover your messages from iCloud, you will click on the "Recover" option on your interface and select "iCloud backup". By default, you will be required to enter your iCloud login details as shown below.

How to Retrieve Deleted Messages On iPhone 8

Step 2: Choose Backup Folder

Once you are logged in, choose the iCloud backup folder that you would like to recover the data from and click on the "Download" icon on your right-hand side. A list of the files present in the folder will appear.

Retrieve Deleted Messages On iPhone 8

Step 3: Choose Files to Recover

Pick the files that you wish to download and click on the "Next" option. The selected files will be downloaded within a few minutes depending on the size of the data.

Retrieve Messages On iPhone 8

Step 4: Recover Messages on iPhone 8 via iCloud backup

With the download complete, preview all the information downloaded and click on the "Restore to Device" option or "Recover to Computer".

How to Retrieve Messages On iPhone 8

Your message files will be recovered or restored depending on your preferred location. You can confirm this by opening the folder destination on your iPhone or your computer.

With the information covered in this article, it is my hope that you will be in a position to retrieve deleted messages from iPhone 8, your iCloud backup account, as well as your iTunes backup folder. With Dr.Fone, you are guaranteed to seamlessly recover messages from iPhone 8 without worrying about damaging your phone or losing extra information as it is with other data recovering programs. Regardless of whether you deleted your messages intentionally or not, the three methods on how to retrieve deleted messages from iPhone 8 will surely be of great help to you.

Selena Lee

chief Editor

Home > How-to > Tips for Different iOS Versions & Models > 3 Ways to Recover Deleted Messages on iPhone 8